Many toddler care centres around Singapore offer arts and crafts instruction. However, our art classes can help toddlers go far beyond cute crafts meant only for fun distraction. Art classes for toddlers that are offered by professional artists can help develop excellent motor skills. Art instruction, like many other forms of individual tutoring, helps toddlers to develop their language skills.
Because art classes such as painting and pastel art offer toddlers many options for exploring and expressing the world they experience, art classes in Singapore can also help toddlers develop their decision making abilities. And because we focus on the history and culture of art throughout all age levels, children will develop an appreciation for the significance of art as they age.
Joining Art Classes for Your Child
If you are interested in giving your toddler a head start that will help them reach success academically as well as personally, our art classes are available all over Singapore. Our art classes take place in studio venues, or we can come to your home for an even more convenient experience. Our entire listing of available courses is always changing, as we find more teachers and more areas of interest. You can get in touch with us, through our contact form which can be accessed via the Contact Us! button on the left, email us via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Benefits of Art Classes for Toddlers
Most parents focus on numerical (left brain) and verbal skills via teaching of numbers and speech. Our art classes provides creative skills (right brain) and perception. Combined with left brain training, a comprehensive whole brain learning is provided to the child.
Our Art Classes
Children learn by seeing and touch. Hence it is important to expose young children via cognitive and touch senses. We recommend parents to let their child have a passion and appreciation for art via our art classes. Our toddler art classes are customised for young children, from the child friendly furniture to hygiene.
Your child will get his hands dirty while doing finger painting and sculpting activities. Our materials are prepared to ensure that they are nontoxic and easily cleaned. The learning journey begins with crayons, markers and pencils. Multiple mediums such as paper, cardboards or white board will be used to attract your toddler to ensure that they will want to come back to classes.
Each child in our classes receives personal attention and makes progress in a relaxing, child safe and yet stimulating environment.
We have been giving art classes for toddlers in Singapore for many years, and we know how to keep toddlers engaged and motivated. This is done by having interactive activities and games, as well as providing praise and individual attention.
Our teachers know that the attention span of a young child is extremely short. Hence our art classes program is designed with this in mind, in order to capture the attention of your child.
Allow your child to grow her artistic talents when she grows up by attending art classes for kids and when they grow up, art classes for adults
Development of Toddlers
Art is crucial in the development of toddlers because it’s simply the basic of pre-school education. It is important to note that every other subject area like writing, basic mathematics, English and science are also essential, but no curriculum for young children would succeed without emphasising art. This is the main reason why every child book is illustrated with art, this helps in easy learning.
Toddlerhood offers the perfect opportunity for kids to learn and develop the important life skills that will help them succeed in life. Early education doesn’t just evolve around teaching kids recitation of letters, reading, and counting – art can have a positive effect on their learning and development as well.
The importance of toddlers being exposed early to art is often undervalued by most parents but children would benefit more if exposed to art at toddlerhood. This is where Art Classes comes handy. Here your toddler would have the opportunity not to only learn art skills but also learn important life skills that would help them in the future. Art classes are essential for every toddler and they afford these kids numerous benefits which will be of enormous help to them while growing up.
Refining Fine Motor Skills
When your toddler scribble with a crayon, paint with paintbrush, you kid is actually developing and refining their fine motor skills. These skills similarly are important in other areas of life as your kid grows up because they play a major role in developing other important abilities such as writing, eating, and dressing in them.
It Encourages Bilateral Coordination.
When your toddler learn important life skills such as drawing, painting, colouring, cutting they use both hands because all these crafts require your kid to use both hands together. This skill is vital in other areas of their lives as they grow because it helps them in learning other important life skills like writing, tying shoes, typing and so much more.
Creating art, or simply talking about it provides an enormous opportunity for kids to learn words for colours, shapes, crafts and actions. This will in turn help toddlers use descriptive words to discuss their artistic creations.
It Boosts their Self-esteem
Toddlers will gain confidence in their ability when they paint and draw. When your kids create artistic creations and they get complimented on it gives them a sense of accomplishment and pride. Completing their crafts successfully will not only give them a great sense of accomplishment and pride but it will also boost their self-esteem.
Bonding with Toddlers
Art will develop a bond between you and you kid. It will create fun moments for both of you especially when you both do art together by creating artistic things together. Art will also help your kids make friends with fellow children and even adults alike.
Now you know the benefits of art classes for toddlers now you should know the creative art materials you should provide for your toddlers. Toddlers are quite sensitive, and they will flourish when they create, experiment, and discover things they enjoy doing. This is the main reason why you should provide them with art materials that are suitable for them. Creative art materials in your home and your toddler’s art class should be diverse and abundant. The following are some of the important art materials for your toddler:
• Washable paints
• Coloured tissue paper
• Emptied water bottles
• Scrap paper
• Construction paper
• Shoe boxes
• Collage materials
• Paper towel tubes
With these materials, you can start teaching your toddlers art by giving them different educative art oriented activities. These activities are level oriented (meant for toddlerhood) and would be easy for them to understand and implement, here are few activities to encourage and broaden your kid’s art skills:
• Wordless Picture Books. Give your toddler the benefit of the doubt by allowing them to draw some pictures in their own skill level, collect them in a folder, and encourage them to make up educative names and stories about the pictures. This will help broaden your kids thinking efficiency, by making him or her a good thinker.
• Toddlers Painting With Feet. Kids love doing crazy things. Things considered crazy among adults are actually cool with kids, so spread a butcher paper on the floor for your toddler, then put some washable paint in a pan and let your toddler use his feet to paint with. This will not only bring out the fun side of art in them it will also enhance their creativity.
• Painting with Non-Traditional items. Provide your toddlers with a few non-traditional items like a clean deodorant roller bottle, a flyswatter and a toothbrush let them paint with each one of the items and watch them closely you will be amazed by the level of creativity they possess.
• Create a Toddler Mural. Cove an entire wall with a butcher paper and tape it securely then hand your toddler a crayon and watch him draw to his heart’s desire, please make sure you don’t correct him, let him draw what please him. This ultimately helps them learn the skill of decision making.
• Create a Food Collage. Try to gather some dry food items like noodles, cereal, and popcorn for your toddler. Then let your toddler glue the dry foods together on a piece of card stock to create a masterpiece.
With the above outlined materials and activities, your toddler would have lots of creative materials and ideas to learn and ultimately create art. As a parent, you will love to watch your kids in art classes to determine the result or impact art has on them, these are the likely outcome of having your toddlers in art classes.
Positive Outcome of Art Classes On Toddlers
• Your toddler exhibits refined motor skills. By simply holding and moving a brush, crayon and using paints, your toddler is not only learning art in his/her art class but they are refining their motor skills.
• Your toddler learns the ability to think creatively, and with an open mind.
• Your toddler learns to observe things describe them, analyse and ultimately interpret them.
• Your toddler learns to express his/her feelings, both with or without words.
• Your toddler learns to answer questions in numerous ways and also discover that there are multiple points of view to any situation.
• Your toddler learns to cooperate and make friends with other children and adults alike.
• Your toddler can flourish and excel in the arts. Importantly, even kids with physical, emotional or learning challenges, have a high chance of experiencing success in arts.
• Arts helps your toddlers build confidence in themselves, because of the diverse ways of making art, any artistic creations by every child is a source of enormous pride to them.
• General literacy improvement. Your toddler ultimately improves his or her literacy in art classes because here they learn the two key pre-school skills of letters and numerical recognition.
In most circumstances most toddlers need to be motivated and encouraged into liking art classes, but every parent should note that this are kids and they need guidance and you’re the closest person to offer them this. So it’s your duty as their parent to motivate them into liking art classes because with all the above outlined benefits you wouldn’t want to deprive them of the opportunity of learning the main rudiments of education early in life.
How to Motivate Your Toddler into Liking Art Classes.
• Set out early to provide the material they would need. It’s advised to provide your kids with the important art materials early enough, and set out early to teach them because kids needs patience. Provide the art materials early enough and you kids would be motivated to learn arts.
• Make your home a creativity hub. Most parents forgone the importance of setting examples for their kids to follow. Kids need to see examples before they would give in; as their parent, you need to bring out the creative side in you. Sit your kid down and show him/her your paintings, drawings this move will help motivate them to try paintings of their own. So turn your home into a creativity hub by joining your kids in doing art, this gives them the ultimate motivation to do art.
• Celebrate your kid’s creativity. Appreciate their artwork no matter how they look. Proudly hang their drawings and paintings on the wall or save it in a binder. Let them know, how proud you’re of them, this way, your child feels their creation is important.
Now you know the importance of art classes for your toddlers, why not enrol them in one where an art teacher would help you teach them better. Art teachers are professionals in this field and they guarantee results, below are the duties of art teachers and how to choose the best art teacher for your child:
Duties of an Art Teacher
• They are professionals in this field and your toddler is guaranteed to learn the fundamentals of art from them. Art teachers will help your child learn the fundamentals of art like drawing, painting, and crayon colouring, these awesome individuals will guarantee results.
• Make art fun and explanatory. Art teachers as professional are to make art more fun for the kids. They are to use innovative ideas to teach art, break it down to the level of each kid (age oriented) and make it more explanatory.
• Art teachers help organise art activities for your kids. As professionals, art teachers have the adept knowledge of most of all the important art activities. With an art teacher, you child will have a lot of art activities organised for him or her this will ultimately help them improve tremendously.
• Most importantly art teachers are your child’s first contact with important school activities. Art teachers don’t only teach kids how to hold and use, brush, crayon and other painting materials but they help kids with pre-school activities like numbers and words recognition. Since most of all pre-school books are illustrated, an art teacher is also in his or her line of duty if they help kids with numbers and words recognition.
• Finally art teachers are also meant to be another form of parental guidance for kids. They are to correct kids when they make mistakes while making art, to help a child struggling with art, they are to take special interest with such kids and pull them through.
How to Choose an Art Teacher
Choosing a good art teacher might be complicated because of the enormous amount of art teachers out there but if you’re to research properly you will definitely find a good one. Here are few tips you can follow to choose a good art teacher for your toddler:
The best and only way to find and choose a good art teacher for your toddler is through doing a thorough research, ask people to gain ideas (most people probably know great art teachers who they can vouch for), search online (there are a lot of enormously professional art teachers online) you can use the Google search engine to search. Another way to find and choose an art teacher for your toddler is by looking out for art teachers with quality education qualifications. There are a lot of art teachers with exceptional art degrees who run art classes where they teach kids art, you can use lookout for their services and you will be glad you did.
Art classes for toddlers are fundamental to their development. It’s best advised not to undervalue the importance of teaching your toddlers art because it is their first contact with the world of literacy. Enrol your toddlers in an art class now to secure a bright future for them.